Lemon-Poppy Seed Buttermilk Pancake
• 1 1/2 cups Silvana’s Kitchen Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
• 2 large eggs, at room temperature
• 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
• Finely grated zest of 2 lemons
• 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
• 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled, plus more for the griddle
• Warm pure maple syrup, for serving
1. In a large bowl, whisk the flour with the sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk the buttermilk with the eggs, vanilla, zest, lemon juice, poppy seeds and the 6 tablespoons of melted butter. Using a wooden spoon, stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until combined.
3. Heat a large nonstick skillet or griddle and brush lightly with melted butter. Scoop 1/4-cup mounds of batter into the skillet and spread 3-inch rounds. Cook over moderate heat until the pancakes are golden on the bottom, about 2 minutes. Flip each pancake and cook until fluffy and cooked through, about 2 minutes longer. Transfer the pancakes to plates and serve with maple syrup.