Lake County Crews Repair Gas Leak
A gas leak in Lake County is now under control after it forced people in the area to evacuate Monday morning.
The Baldwin fire captain says they were sent to 7th and Maple around 9 Monday morning.
The Baldwin Department of Public Works was installing a meter well when someone hit a gas line.
The fire department evacuated homes and businesses in a 300 foot radius around the leak.
DTE Energy arrived within 25 minutes, contained the leak and lifted the evacuation.
The fire department says the area is now safe.