Oscoda County Explosion Sends Two Men to Hospital

A lawn mower explosion sent a father and son in Oscoda County to the hospital.

Police say a when the son pulled his lawn mower into his garage, it caught fire and exploded.

It happened at a home in on Cherry Creek Road near Mio last night.

Police say the explosion actually set the man on fire.

His father rushed in and threw his son into a pond near the house.

” But I think at this point here, we don’t suspect any foul play. We don’t expect that there was anything, nobody, lit anything on fire to cause the explosion, or otherwise. We just think that, there was some kind of mechanical issue that led to, led to the explosion.”

The son was taken by helicopter to a downstate hospital, his condition is unknown.

His father was treated for his burns.