Electrical Problems Spark Antrim County House Fire

An electrical fire destroyed an Antrim County home.

The Bellaire fire chief says flames sparked in the ceiling of a bathroom inside a Bellaire home on Oslund Road around 4:00 Monday morning.

The homeowners tried to put the fire out, but couldn’t. 

They got out safely with their pets. But in the end, the home suffered extensive damage, and the fire chief believes it is a total loss.

One firefighter was sent to the hospital to be checked out after getting something in his eye.

Due to the harsh cold, crews faced a few equipment issues when they first got to the scene.