UPDATE: Harrison Road Reopened, Crews Complete Gas Line Repairs

Crews were able to fix a gas leak that disrupted plenty of people today in Clare County.

A construction crew hit the gas line when working at the Members First Credit Union in Harrison.

The leak shut down a stretch along U.S. 127, which is now back open.

Several businesses nearby evacuated as a precaution, others were warned to simply take precautions during the work.

People nearby say you could hear the hiss and smell the gas leak from about 200 yards away.

“Everything is contained at this time. The leak has been shut down. Everything is opened back up, the businesses are opened back up,” said Patrick Agin of Harrison Community Fire Department. 

Crews want to remind everyone, that if you think you smell a gas leak, call your local utility provider.