UPDATE: Chlorine Exposure at Michigan’s Adventure Sends Dozens to Hospital

Chlorine exposure in the wave pool of a West Michigan water park sent dozens to the hospital Friday.

It happened at Michigan’s Adventure park, near Muskegon.

Around 4:00 p.m., swimmers in the wave pool started to notice something was wrong.

Some started coughing, and found it difficult to breathe.

The park closed the pool, and emergency crews were called in.

Nearly 30 people went to the hospital, but were okay after being observed by a doctor.

Stay with Northern Michigan’s News Leader for more information on this situation.