Gladwin County Camper Fire Spreads to Garage

New details on a camper fire that spread to a garage in Gladwin County.

Investigators believe the fire, on Norway Street, was started by the electrical system in the camper.

Five fire departments helped fight the fire that ignited around 8:00 Tuesday night.

We’re told the homeowners had recently repaired wiring damaged by mice.

A short time before going up in flames, the owner had plugged the camper into power.

Firefighters say ammunition and propane tanks helped fuel the flames quickly spreading the fire to the owner’s garage, and damaging one end of their home.

No one was hurt.

The family is now staying with relatives.