Family Safe After Fire Destroys Home in Manistee Co.

Flames ripped through a Manistee County home and everyone made it out safely.

The family was eating dinner at the home on Windsor Lane, south of Manistee, Monday evening when a neighbor knocked on the door to tell them their garage was on fire.

They called 9-1-1, and got out.

Flames quickly spread throughout the home. The Filer Township Fire Department tells 9&10 News the house is completely destroyed. 

The family was able to save some items from the home. 

They believe a gas grill started the fire, but are still investigating.