Emmet Co. Home Lost In Wednesday Fire

Fire possibly from a wood stove spread quickly, destroying an Emmet County home.

Multiple departments were called to the home in Cross Village Wednesday afternoon, but tonight, not much is left.

The departments were forced to make trips to and from the scene to bring in water.

The fire chief says the homeowner was outside when the fire started, and no one was hurt.

But clearly, the home is a total loss.

“The wife was home. Nobody was hurt, the dog is out, she’s OK, just loss of property,” said RFC Fire and Rescue Fire Chief Don Horn. 

The homeowner believes the flames did originate near the wood stove.

Crews are still looking to confirm the source.