Fire Destroys Home in Benzie County

A woman who stepped away from her stove for a bit too long lost everything.

All the items in the home were destroyed, and she doesn't have renter's insurance.

The fire happened on Sunday afternoon in Benzie County near Lake Ann.

The renter of the home was making homemade fries and when she stepped outside to talk to a friend, she forgot about them.

When she ran back inside the home, it was too late.

The grease spread throughout the kitchen and the fire couldn't be stopped.

If you'd like to donate to the family, contact Victor Fournier who is a friend of the family at 231-640-4392 or email the renter, Tracy Montgomery at tewing30@yahoo.com.