Fire Fighters Sent to Hospital After Charlevoix County House Fire

Two firefighters had to be taken to the hospital after a Charlevoix County fire.

It started at a home this afternoon around 12:00 PM on Jordan Street in East Jordan.

The fire chief says flames were burning about half of the home when they got there. The home is destroyed and firefighters do not know what started it.

One firefighter was treated and released for heat exhaustion, the other is currently being treated for smoke inhalation.