Duplex Fire in Cadillac

Crews responded to a fire at a duplex on Ayers Street in Cadillac this afternoon.

A woman who lives at the home said she accidentally left a pan of grease on the stove, and minutes later she smelled smoke in her apartment.

The fire burned an entire wall and part of the ceiling in her apartment, but crews were able to contain it to the kitchen area.

Tenants in both apartments got out safely, they tell 9&10 News that because of smoke damage they will be looking for somewhere else to stay in the meantime.