Suspected Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Kills Couple Inside Mackinac County Cabin

Investigators believe carbon monoxide poisoned a couple inside their Mackinac County cabin.

It's the couple's son who found them Sunday and called 911.

Emergency crews got to the cabin near Hessel to find Howard and Judith Rye dead from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning.

Michigan State Police say the couple were supposed to be back in their hometown of Corunna Thursday, but when they didn't show, their son went to check on them.

A detective says the cabin was operating on propane, but no pilots were on.

A medical examiner investigator says the two did have an elevated level of carbon monoxide in their bodies.

Investigators are still waiting on toxicology results to rule out any other cause of death.

9&10's Christina Vecchioni and photojournalist Eric Davis have more details.