Woman Escapes Burning Home in Williamsburg, Home is a Total Loss

Judy Brown is a friend of the woman who owns this home that caught fire last night; she was on the scene when the fire crews arrived.

Fire crews tell us the fire started in the garage, and quickly spread to the attic. When the first smoke alarm went off, the woman living inside thought it was her stove. Then, when all of the other alarms in the home went off, she got out quickly.

Even after hours investigating, crews still aren't sure what started the fire last night.

Judy says her friend has spent months remodeling the home, and it would have been finished this week.

The fire Chief says there is still a lot of work to be done before they can determine why the home is a total loss.

 

Reporting in Grand Traverse County, Sara Simnitch and Photojournalist, Jeremy Erickson.