Fire Destroys Pickford Consignment Shop, Monkey Rescued

Flames engulfed a business along M-129 in Pickford, destroying the family-owned consignment shop.

It took hours for firefighters to put out the flames this morning.

The fire chief says it's the biggest building fire he's seen in his 28 years.

The fire started just before 9:30 AM in the storage barn of Nyberg's Consignment Shop and destroyed the entire building.

The owner of the shop made it out of the building safely but a firefighter suffered minor burns to his arms.

The owner's pet monkey was also rescued from the shop.

9&10's Kelly Davis and photojournalist Drew Parfitt spent the day on the scene and spoke to the store owner.