Fireworks Explosion Injure Montcalm County Man

A Montcalm County man learned first hand just how dangerous fireworks can be. Deputies say Blaine Kortes was seriously hurt after a firework exploded in his hand last night. The blast caused serious injuries to his left hand as well as burns to his body. Paramedics took him to the hospital where he underwent emergency surgery. The Sheriff's Department wants to remind everyone to be careful when handling fireworks, especially during this holiday weekend.