Fire Destroys Family’s Vacation Home in Lake County
A heating source may be what sparked the fire that destroyed a family's vacation home in Lake County. The fire chief says it looked like the owners had been in town over the weekend, but were gone when the fire started Monday morning in Irons. Most of the house was already destroyed by the time firefighters arrived. Only one wall was still partially standing and later burned as well. Firefighters faced many challenges in this fire, including high winds and having enough manpower early in the morning.