Charlevoix County Historical Landmark Catches Fire from Heater - Northern Michigan's News Leader

Charlevoix County Historical Landmark Catches Fire from Heater

Posted: Updated:

Fire damaged a room at a popular historical landmark in Charlevoix County.

One of the rooms at Castle Farms caught fire Friday after a heater caused an electrical fire.

Castle Farms did have a sprinkler system that kicked-in immediately.

The Charlevoix Twp. Fire Chief says that played a huge role in keeping the damage to a minimum.

The fire damaged only about 3% of the entire property. 

Castle Farms did have to move a wedding ceremony, but the property was able to reopen Saturday.

"We're just so thankful that everyone is okay and that it was just such a minimal fire for us," Castle Farms general manager Anora O'Connor said.

Castle Farms says they expect to have the room repaired within the next two or three weeks.