Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact email@example.com.
SOURCE Nordic Semiconductor
BARCELONA, Spain, February 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Ultra low power (ULP) RF specialist Nordic Semiconductor ASA (OSE: NOD) today confirms details of demonstrations it will be hosting on its booth (Hall 6 Stand 6H20) at Mobile World Congress (MWC) held in Barcelona, Spain, from February 24 to 27, 2014.
(Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20140224/671581 )
Nordic's theme for MWC is "Nordic is all around you", which underlines the rapid adoption of its nRF51 Series Bluetooth® low energy and ANT+™ solutions by companies across the globe.
The design partners demonstrating on Nordic's booth are:
- Kontakt (http://kontakt.io) demonstrating a beacon built around Nordic's nRF51822;
- Leica Geosystems (http://www.leica-geosystems.com) exhibiting the DISTO D810™ touch, a handheld laser distance meter which is a finalist in the Bluetooth Breakthrough Awards 2014;
- Blue Maestro (http://www.bluemaestro.com) showing its Tempo Smart Temperature Sensor, that logs temperature in its memory which users can access from their mobiles;
- Mio (http://www.mioglobal.com) showing the Mio Link, a heart rate monitor in a wristband that transmits data via ANT+ and Bluetooth Smart;
- Matilde (http://ma-tilde.com) demonstrating Bluetooth Smart "Glasses" communicating with a smartphone;
- Moff (http://www.moff.mobi) demonstrating an interactive toy with sound & voice effects using its own app;
- 4iiii (http://4iiii.com) showing its new Liiiink product range that employs ANT+ and Bluetooth Smart for use cases like activity tracking;
- Adidas miCoach (micoach.adidas.com) demonstrating miCoach Speed_Cell and miCoach X_Cell - the first devices to provide athletes with a complete training system;
- GN ReSound (http://www.gnresound.com) showing the world's first "Made for iPhone®" hearing aid offering direct, stereo sound streaming from Apple's mobile products;
- Connectedevice (http://www.connectedevice.com) demonstrating a solution based on a Nordic chipset to create a connected watch that can communicate with iOS 7 and Android 4.3 platforms;
- Dayton (http://www.dayton.com.hk) exhibiting Bluetooth low energy heart rate monitor, bike combo sensor, key fob, and portable control display device;
- OSM (http://www.osmglobal.com) showing accessories that personalize, protect, and add functionality to products to enhance personal interaction;
- National (http://www.national.com.hk) demonstrating smart wrist-wearable GPS, smart optical heart rate, smart analog watch and smart gear with OLED display;
- Airfy (http://www.airfy.com) demonstrating Bluetooth low energy beacons and Wi-Fi technology with a focus for retail applications.
"The capabilities of Bluetooth Smart and ANT+ interoperable wireless technologies -– coupled with our development tools which allow companies with little or no RF knowledge to take advantage of ultra low power wireless connectivity -– is spawning an incredible range of innovative applications that are entering the market at an unprecedented rate," says Geir Langeland, Nordic Semiconductor's Director of Sales & Marketing.
Specific times and dates of the design partner demonstrations can be found at http://www.nordicsemi.com/eng/Events/MWC-2014.
About Nordic Semiconductor ASA
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.