Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
LONDON, Feb. 18, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportbuyer.com just published a new market research report:
Android Expansion Drives Competitive Smartphone Pricing 2013 Update on Android Smartphone Shelf Presence
The following insight provides an update on Android smartphones available in the global market. The research identifies Android smartphone availability amongst operators in each of 23 pre-designated countries. Shelf presence, as covered in this insight, includes all smartphones offered by operators via their website or in operator stores. It is a reflection of cumulative devices available to users in each country or region. It does not represent sales or subscriber base.
Research Methodology for Android Device Tracker
Objective: Update the entire list of Android smartphones available in the global market
Methodology: Perform both primary and secondary research to update the database listing all Android devices available
Objective: Determine Android smartphone availability amongst operators in each of the 23 pre-designated countries
Methodology: Secondary research is performed on each of the operators within the target countries in order to update the list of Android smartphones offered on each
Objective: Compile and create country level reports
Methodology: Utilize database data to summarize both operator and manufacturer presence in each of the targeted countries
Objective: Compile and create regional reports
Methodology: Utilize database data to summarize both operator and manufacturer presence in each of the primary regions: North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific
Definitions and Market Segmentation
Smartphone – A category of mobile device which provides advanced capabilities beyond a typical mobile phone. Smartphones run complete operating system software that provides a standardized interface and platform for application developers. The smartphone operating system covered in this study is Android.
Shelf Presence – Shelf presence, as covered in this insight, includes all smartphones offered by Operators via their website or in Operator stores. It is a reflection of cumulative devices available to users in each country or region. It does not represent sales or subscriber base.
Unique Smartphone – The term "unique", as used in this insight, refers to counting each Android smartphone model only once in the context of each chart. This differs from shelf presence, which counts the same model on multiple operators or in different countries more than once.
• Although there are currently X mobile operators who are members of the Open Handset Alliance, there are over X other operators across the globe who are currently selling Android smartphones.
• As of Q3, 2013, there are a total of X unique Android smartphones currently available. The top three manufacturers in terms of devices are Samsung, HTC, and LG. There are X other manufacturers currently selling Android smartphones.
• Twenty semiconductor companies have joined the Open Handset Alliance. The more notable companies are Broadcom, Intel, Nvidia, Qualcomm, and Texas Instruments.
• With software being one of Google's specialties over the past years, Android is looking to take advantage of new software capabilities and rich development ecosystems. To help with this, there are 16 software companies who are helping to further develop the Android Operating System.
• Commercialization partnerships currently total X companies who assist in various areas, including: design, manufacture models, etc.
Current Android Shelf Presence-Market Share by Manufacturer
Analyst Note: Samsung has emerged as the clear leader in shelf presence, accounting for nearly Xpercent of all Android devices available to customers via operators, which has helped to boost their sales in 2013 where they led all competitors during the first three quarters in total smartphone shipments globally.
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 3
Shelf Presence: Analysis of Shelf Presence and Availability of Android Smartphones 7
•Current Shelf Presence (Q2, 2013) 8
•Complete Shelf Presence (Q4, 2008–Q2, 2013) 19
Unique Devices: Analysis of Unique Devices and Distribution of Android Smartphones 30
Final Word 40
The Frost & Sullivan Story 43
Read the full report:
Global Android Insight
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.