Chimney Fire Destroys Wexford County Home - Northern Michigan's News Leader

Chimney Fire Destroys Wexford County Home

Posted: Updated:

A Northern Michigan family made it out safely after a fire started inside their chimney, destroying their home on Christmas Day.
 
Selma Township Fire Department received a call for a structure fire Wednesday morning. The fire happened on 13th Street near M-115 in Cadillac.

The fire chief says the fire started in the chimney and quickly spread to the house.

The Green's had 11 people in the home at the time of the fire, including a disabled veteran. They all made it out safely. However, nearly all the gifts and most of the things inside the house were burned in the fire.
 
The home is considered a total loss.

The Northwest Community Action Agency in Cadillac helped provide the family with a hotel room for a few days and gifts for Green's four girls. They also have been collecting items for the family. To find out more information CLICK HERE.

To donate to the family CLICK HERE.

You can also send an email to wmcdunnah@yahoo.com to communicate with the family.