Grand Traverse House Fire Started By Grow Light - Northern Michigan's News Leader

Grand Traverse House Fire Started By Grow Light

Posted: Updated:

9&10 News has photos of a house fire police say was sparked by a marijuana grow light.

The fire began just before 4:00 AM Monday in the Village of Fife Lake in Grand Traverse County.  

While fire crews were on the scene, we're told they found 192 marijuana plants in two apartments and in the basement area.  

Detectives found electrical cords and incomplete wiring strung throughout the apartment, running in and out of windows.

We'll have continuing coverage on the fire tonight at 5:00 and 6:00.