Gas Main Leak Causes Utility Pole Fire in Lake City, Power Cut t - Northern Michigan's News Leader

Gas Main Leak Causes Utility Pole Fire in Lake City, Power Cut to Thousands

Posted: Updated:

A gas main leak caused a series of problems for people in Lake City.

Firefighters were called to a business Thursday night for reports of an odor.

When they arrived they found a utility pole on fire, caused by the leak.

Consumers Energy was then called to the scene and cut power to the surrounding area while crews let the fire burn out.

About 2,200 people were without power for about an hour.