RECALL: HALO SleepSack Wearable Blanket For Choking Hazard - Northern Michigan's News Leader

RECALL: HALO SleepSack Wearable Blanket For Choking Hazard

Posted: Updated:

The HALO SleepSack Wearable Blanket is recalled for a choking hazard from the pink satin flower. 

The petals from the floral embellishment can detach and pose a choking hazard to infants. 

The HALO SleepSack is sold exclusively at Babies R Us from December 2011 through July 2013.

If you have one of these blankets, contact HALO Innovations for a prepaid envelope with instructions to remove and return the flower and order a free replacement product.

HALO Innovations can be contacted toll-free at 866-819-8118 from 8 AM to 5 PM CT Monday through Friday.  You can also email at halorecall@nrmsinc.com or online at www.halosleep.com and click on the product recall homepage for more information. The direct link is provided below.

There have been 6 reports of petal detaching from the blanket and 1 report of an infant gagging on a detached petal. 

  • Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>

  • Man Dies in Alpena County Home Explosion

    Man Dies in Alpena County Home Explosion

    Friday, April 18 2014 11:55 PM EDT2014-04-19 03:55:35 GMT
    A 22 year old man from Hillman died Friday night after a large explosion at a home in Wellington Township. Michigan State Police say the man was loading a wood boiler into an attached garage when the
    A 22 year old man from Hillman died Friday night after a large explosion at a home in Wellington Township. Michigan State Police say the man was loading a wood boiler into an attached garage when the
  • Amazing Northern Michigan Homes: Portage Lake

    Amazing Northern Michigan Homes: Portage Lake

    Thursday, April 17 2014 5:28 PM EDT2014-04-17 21:28:40 GMT
    This home was originally built for a lumber manufacturer and his family to use for the summer residence more than 100 years ago. Today, the home has been completely renovated and insulated, but still
    This home was originally built for a lumber manufacturer and his family to use for the summer residence more than 100 years ago. Today, the home has been completely renovated and insulated, but still
  • One Person Dead After Lake County Fire

    One Person Dead After Lake County Fire

    Friday, April 18 2014 7:06 PM EDT2014-04-18 23:06:09 GMT
    One person is dead after a house fire broke out in Lake County. The fire started early Friday morning in Irons. According to the Irons Fire Chief, the small home was fully engulfed in flames when crews
    One person is dead after a house fire broke out in Lake County.