Grand Traverse County Home Damaged by Morning Fire - Northern Michigan's News Leader

Grand Traverse County Home Damaged by Morning Fire

Posted: Updated:

An early morning fire damaged a Grand Traverse County home.

Metro Fire was called to the home on Five Mile Road just east of Traverse City after 2:00 a.m. this morning. It was put out quickly but the home has moderate smoke, water and structural damage.

The fire chief says a wood stove and chimney could be the cause, but they are still investigating.

The homeowner and his pet made it out safely.