Roscommon County House Fire - Northern Michigan's News Leader

Roscommon County House Fire

Posted: Updated:

A Roscommon County couple is without a home tonight.

The fire started in the chimney of a log cabin-style home on South Maple Valley Road and Butler Road in St. Helen.

The homeowners smelled smoke and noticed the chimney was unusually hot.

They grabbed what they could and got out safely.

While there wasn't much damage to the outside of the home, the inside suffered severe smoke damage.