Northern Michigan Business Destroyed By Fire - Northern Michigan's News Leader

Northern Michigan Business Destroyed By Fire

Posted: Updated:

A family business is no longer standing after a fire destroyed the building.

Carr Community Fire Department received a call around 12:50 Thursday morning that the Oasis Restaurant in Branch was on fire. The restaurant is on US-10 along the Mason - Lake county line.

Several fire departments assisted Carr Community Fire Department and when they arrived the building was engulfed in flames.

Fire crews had trouble putting out the fire because the frigid temperatures caused some of their equipment to freeze.

The building is considered a total loss. 

Firefighters are still unsure what started the fire, but they know it started in the basement.