Fire Destroys Charlevoix County Farm House - Northern Michigan's News Leader

Fire Destroys Charlevoix County Farm House

Posted: Updated:

Flames destroyed a third generation farm house today, and took with it 135 years worth of history.

Firefighters rushed to the home just before 7:30 a.m.

A woman and two children, home at the time, got out safely.

The homeowner says flames started in the chimney.

9&10's Christina Vecchioni and photojournalist Eric Davis have more details.


Firefighters are trying to stop a Charlevoix County farm house fire.

The fire chief tells 9&10 News the home is on Old Horton Bay Road, near Erickson Road in Bay Township, near Boyne City.

Part of the home did come down as firefighters tried to fight flames in the attic.

Right now they are concentrating on putting out the remaining hot spots.

Northern Michigan's News Leader will bring you more details as they are made available.