Manistee House Fire Leaves Family Without Home - Northern Michigan's News Leader

Manistee House Fire Leaves Family Without Home

Posted: Updated:

9 and 10 News has new details about a weekend fire in Manistee.

Firefighters believe it was started by children playing with matches.

It started just before 3:00 p.m. Saturday inside a bedroom in the home on Center Street. The fire was contained to a bedroom and closet. There is smoke damage to the second floor.

Two people who entered the home looking for a 3 year old were treated for smoke inhalation. The child wasn't hurt.

Five adults and four children are without a home after the fire.

The red cross is helping them.