Fire Chief Offers Tips to Prevent Carbon Monoxide Poisoning - Northern Michigan's News Leader

Fire Chief Offers Tips to Prevent Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Posted: Updated:

There are things you can do to protect yourself from carbon monoxide poisoning.

9&10 News talked with the Resort-Bear Creek Township Fire Chief today, in Emmet County.

Since carbon monoxide is odorless and tasteless, he says everyone should have a carbon monoxide detector.

He suggests putting it wherever the manufacturer recommends.

The fire chief also stresses the importance of maintaining your appliances.

Some other tips:

Do not burn in a stove or fireplace that isn't properly vented.

Don't run a car or truck inside a closed garage, even if the door is open.

If you experience any carbon monoxide poisoning symptoms, like fatigue, nausea, and headaches, seek medical attention immediately.