Kid Tents Recalled For Safety Hazard - Northern Michigan's News Leader

Kid Tents Recalled For Safety Hazard

Posted: Updated:

About 220,000 sleeping tents for infants and small children are being recalled because of a safety hazard.

The recall of the PeaPod and PeaPod Plus Travel beds took place after a 5-month-old boy was found dead last year with his face pressed against the wall of the tent.

The travel tents were made in China and sold at specialty stores nationwide and online at Amazon.com from January 2005 until now.

They cost between $70-$100.

The Consumer Product Safety Commission said the tents have a zipper on the side and an inflatable air mattress that fits into a zippered pocket. Other people have reported issues with the tent's mattress.

Consumers are being warned to stop using the tents immediately and contact KidCo Inc. for more information about the recall.

 

  • Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>

  • Antrim County Deputy Accused of Theft

    Antrim County Deputy Accused of Theft

    Tuesday, July 22 2014 5:41 PM EDT2014-07-22 21:41:51 GMT
    An Antrim County Sheriff's deputy is being charged with theft crimes today. The Antrim County court says Deputy Michael Bingham is accused of taking money that was seized during the search of a home in Mancelona.
    An Antrim County Sheriff's deputy is being charged with theft crimes today. The Antrim County court says Deputy Michael Bingham is accused of taking money that was seized during the search of a home in Mancelona.
  • GT Co. Police Investigating Meijer Retail Fraud

    GT Co. Police Investigating Meijer Retail Fraud

    Tuesday, July 22 2014 1:00 PM EDT2014-07-22 17:00:59 GMT
    Grand Traverse County Sheriff's Office is investigating a retail fraud complaint. The incident occurred Monday, July 21 around 7:40 p.m. at Meijer in Traverse City.
    Grand Traverse County Sheriff's Office is investigating a retail fraud complaint. The incident occurred Monday, July 21 around 7:40 p.m. at Meijer in Traverse City.
  • UPDATE: New Intelligence Suggests MH17 Shot Down By Separatists, No Link to Russia

    UPDATE: New Intelligence Suggests MH17 Shot Down By Separatists, No Link to Russia

    Tuesday, July 22 2014 5:30 PM EDT2014-07-22 21:30:38 GMT
    U.S. officials say intel suggests Malaysia Airline Flight 17 was shot down by separatists, and currently there is no link to Russian involvement. 
    U.S. officials say intel suggests Malaysia Airline Flight 17 was shot down by separatists, and currently there is no link to Russian involvement.