There's nothing like high temps, sun and humidity to make morning's perfectly made-up face look like a melted mess just a few hours later. But with these steps, you'll be sure to look fresh, pretty and put-together -- no matter what summer has in store.
1. Start by prepping the T-zone with a light antiperspirant product. (Use one that comes in a wipe.) Sweep lightly along your forehead, nose and chin. These are usually the first places your face perspires and starts to break down makeup.
2. Next, apply a lightweight primer. The primer will give the makeup a layer to grip.
3. Apply a lightweight foundation/tinted moisturizer with SPF. Use a brush or damp sponge to achieve a smooth, sheer finish.
4. Apply a waterproof or long-wear gel or liquid eyeliner. You can find a wide range of these at all price points. Choose a few in basic colors -- like brown, black and navy -- that you'll wear daily. Pick up a couple of trendy shades, like green or purple, at the drugstore.
5. Add a few coats of waterproof mascara. Pick a formula that is multipurpose: lengthening, thickening and, if you need it, curling.
6. For cheek color, apply a light layer of a gel or liquid blush.
7. Lips should have a coat of long-wear lip stain with a bit of shine.
8. Finish with a few spritzes of a makeup-setting spray. The setting spray will lock in all the makeup and fight against melting and smudging.
Risi-Leanne Baranjais the author of the Palacinka Beauty Blog, which helps take the guesswork out of buying beauty products.
*DISCLAIMER*: The information contained in or provided through this site section is intended for general consumer understanding and education only and is not intended to be and is not a substitute for professional advice. Use of this site section and any information contained on or provided through this site section is at your own risk and any information contained on or provided through this site section is provided on an "as is" basis without any representations or warranties.