State Police Suspend Search for Suspects of Petoskey Staged Armed Robbery in Buckley
State police have called off their search Wednesday in Wexford County for two people possibly connected to a staged armed robbery nearly 100 miles away.
Last week we took you live to the scene of an armed robbery in Petoskey.
Petoskey police say the supposed victim was actually working with the robber.
It happened at the Westbrook Recovery Center last Thursday.
It was said a gunman entered the building and demanded money.
The investigation took state police to Buckley Wednesday.
Troopers with the Cadillac State Police Post were scouring this area, looking for two people.
They have since suspended their search and right now state police are waiting for Petoskey’s Department of Public Safety to authorize search warrants before continuing their investigation.
The two people police are looking for are potentially connected to the staged armed robbery in Petoskey we told you about last week.
Wednesday troopers found an empty car on the side of the road in Buckley.
The door of that car was left open and a purse was still inside.
Police say while they have not made any arrests, no one is in any danger.
Be sure to stay with Northern Michigan’s News Leader as we continue working to bring you the very latest on this case.