Mason Co. Home Not Destroyed in Fire Thanks to Quick Action By Homeowner

A house caught fire in Mason County’s Logan Township, but was saved thanks to some quick thinking.

The homeowner tells us he, another person and their three dogs were inside when it sparked around 8 Friday morning.

He found the source was his wood stove, sprang into action, grabbed a 5 gallon bucket, filled it with water and doused the flames.

Fire crews say without his timely intervention, it may have been a total loss.

“The pipe from my wood stove that goes through the wall caught fire. I  was dozing off and I heard a lot of snapping and crackling,”  homeowner Greg Griffin said.

No one was injured and the house suffered only minor damage.

Related Articles

Comments

comments