What’s Trending Wednesday: National Bagelfest Day
It’s National Bagelfest Day! From breakfast, all the way to dinner, this versatile baked good can make even the tastiest dishes a little bit better. So for this week’s What’s Trending Wednesday, we’re taking a look at a few clever recipes.
Blueberry Bagel French Toast
It’s your favorite decadent dessert, amped up with a tasty blueberry bagel and drizzled with cream cheese glaze.
- 2 blueberry bagels
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream or milk
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- A few tablespoons of butter
- Cream cheese glaze
- Berries and powdered sugar for garnish
- In a shallow dish, whisk together the egg, cream, brown sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Soak each half of a bagel in the mixture until you’ve soaked up as much as you can.
- Fry them in the butter on the stove on about medium heat.
- Top with cream cheese glaze, powdered sugar, and/or berries.
Breakfast Pizza Bagels
Is it breakfast, or is it dinner? This delicious recipe combines the best of both worlds…right on top of your favorite bagel.
- Makes 1 pizza bagel; double as needed
- 1 bagel, sliced in half
- 2 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 2 ounces mozzarella, cut into small cubes, or shredded
- 1 tablespoon jalapeño, thinly sliced, optional
- 6-8 small pieces of pepperoni, optional
- 2 large eggs
- Black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (F). Line a small baking dish with parchment paper; set aside.
- Cut bagel in half.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of pizza sauce around each side of the bagel.
- Top each half evenly with the cheese, then add the toppings!
- Carefully crack an egg into each hole.
- Top each egg with a little fresh ground black pepper.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes, depending on how well-done you like your egg
Ham & Turkey Bagel Sandwich
If you have a hankering for a little lunch, this tasty twist on a ham and turkey sandwich may hit the spot.
- 6 Everything Bagels
- 1 pound of black forest ham, sliced
- 1 pound of roasted turkey, sliced
- 3/4 pound of Swiss cheese, 12 slices
- 8 tablespoons of butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Separate bagels halves and arrange bottom slices in a 9×13 baking dish.
- Layer each sandwich with Swiss cheese slice, ham, turkey and another slice of Swiss cheese.
- Finish with top of bagel.
- Whisk together melted butter and dijon mustard.
- Drizzle mustard mixture over sandwiches.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 20-30 minutes until sandwiches are heated through and cheese is melty.
- Can be made up to 24 hours ahead and refrigerated prior to baking.
For more recipes like these, click here.
Tune in to MTM each Wednesday at 5:20 a.m. And 8:50 a.m. for more trending topics!