Charlevoix County Historical Landmark Catches Fire from Heater

Fire damaged a room at a popular historical landmark in Charlevoix County.

One of the rooms at Castle Farms caught fire Friday after a heater caused an electrical fire.

Castle Farms did have a sprinkler system that kicked-in immediately.

The Charlevoix Twp. Fire Chief says that played a huge role in keeping the damage to a minimum.

The fire damaged only about 3% of the entire property. 

Castle Farms did have to move a wedding ceremony, but the property was able to reopen Saturday.

"We’re just so thankful that everyone is okay and that it was just such a minimal fire for us," Castle Farms general manager Anora O’Connor said.

Castle Farms says they expect to have the room repaired within the next two or three weeks.

Related Articles

Comments

comments