Overheating E-Cigarette Prompts Firefighters To Respond To Emmet Co. Condo

An e-cigarette overheating prompted firefighters to respond to an Emmet County condo over the weekend.

Homeowners at the Lakeside Club Condominiums in Petoskey called 911 Sunday when the e-cigarette started smoking.

Resort/Bear Creek firefighters say they immediately smelled the smoke was electrical and found the e-cigarette in the bedroom.

There was no damage, but the fire chief says it could have caused a fire if someone wasn’t home.

He says they have heard of other incidents involving e-cigarettes, but this is their first time encountering it.

He says anyone with an e-cigarette should be aware of the issue and not leave them unattended.

Related Articles

Comments

comments